I got a haircut today and I love it! I hated my last haircut. I tried to live with it but every morning when I looked in the mirror I felt like an old lady – it was terrible! So I finally went in and got it cut by a different lady who I KNOW does a good job because she gave Jordan the best haircut he ever had a few months ago. Now I just need to color it to cover all the gray! Maybe that is why I saw “old lady” every morning in the mirror! Ha! By the way – props to my 11-year-old daughter L for the great pic!
Did some more coupon shopping today. Did pretty good, but something went wrong at Walgreens and I ended up not buying anything. I don’t know what I did wrong, but things didn’t calculate out right. Let me tell you – people who are getting amazing deals are working for it big time! You have to pay such close attention to the fine print – sizes, quantities, limits, etc…and you need to know all the stores coupon guidelines. I printed those out and put them in my coupon binder because often the checkers don’t even know their own stores rules!
On another note, I have been doing pretty decent with my New Year’s Goals. Some by my own doing, others because of extenuating circumstances – either way it works for me!
1. Waking up earlier – ummm not so great. Today I got up at 7am because a friends kids are staying with us for a couple of days and I needed to take their son to school. It worked out great though, I was able to get so much accomplished! Safeway, Rite Aid & Walgreens and back home by 8:30am! Have to get up again tomorrow by 7:15am to get K (my 15-year-old daughter) to a babysitting gig by 7:50am and they live about 15 min. away. Hope to go regular grocery shopping on my way home!
2. Jesus time – did the Inductive Bible Study two times this week. It was great, I really did retain the information better. I was amazed that several times I came across other scripture that related to what I had studied on and I was able to really associate it in a way that I hadn’t before. Of course, I also had specific prayer time/quiet time as well. I also got better colored pencils – GO Crayola!
3. Lists – haven’t done great on this – been so wrapped up with couponing I have fallen down on the job with other stuff. I am going to start a list now though for this week, maybe the public accountability will keep me on task:
- clean the garage – again!
- make some of these adorable fabric birds- love me some birdies!
- pay bills
- clean the van
- build something!
I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and accomplish much and also take some time to rest!
‘There are six days when you may work, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, a day of sacred assembly. You are not to do any work; wherever you live, it is a sabbath to the LORD.” Leviticus 23:3